Becoming an Adult Leader
Want to register as a Cub Scout Leader? Great! Please follow the required steps below:
- Complete the Pennsylvania State ClearancesPA laws requiring mandated background checks will require many Scouting volunteers to get 2, possibly 3, background checks and they must be renewed every five years. If you already have valid clearances from another organization (school, coaching, etc.) you may use the same clearances for your Scout Leader application. If you do not have clearances yet, instructions for obtaining the required clearances can be found at http://cccbsa.org/clearances.
- Complete Youth Protection Training (YPT) To take Youth Protection training go to My.Scouting.org and create an account. You’ll receive an email notification with your account information, including a member ID/reference number.From the My.Scouting.org portal, click Menu then My Dashboard from the menu list. The My Training page displays to take Youth Protection training. Upon completion, you may print a training certificate to submit with a volunteer application. Your training will automatically be updated in our system and associated with the member ID/reference number issued when you created the account.
Download the How-To Guide for taking Youth Protection Training .
- Complete an Adult Application FormYou may obtain an Adult Application from the current Cubmaster or download a PDF version here: Adult Application . Please be sure to fill out the application completely including the “Disclosure/Authorization Form”, background questions and references sections.
- Submit Application, Clearances and YPT CertificateOnce steps 1-3 are complete, turn your completed application, copies of clearances and YPT certificate to the Pack 110 Cubmaster or Committee Chair.
- Complete Leader Position-Specific Training (Online)Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training courses have been developed to give new leaders the knowledge and skills, as well as to generate the enthusiasm, that they need to be successful. The courses are designed to provide Cub Scout leaders with the basic information they need to successfully carry out the duties of their position.Download the How-To Guide for Accessing Online Training
When your volunteer application is approved, you will receive a BSA membership card that includes your member ID number.
The Boy Scouts of America places the greatest importance on creating the most secure environment possible for our youth members. To maintain such an environment, the BSA developed numerous procedural and leadership selection policies and provides parents and leaders with resources for the Cub Scout , Scouts BSA , and Venturing programs.