Pack Meeting: Pumpkins In The Park – Great Pumpkin Carve
October 22 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
|What:||Pack Meeting: Pumpkins In The Park - Great Pumpkin Carve|
|When:||Friday, October 22rd at 6pm|
|Where:||East Bradford Park (835 Kenmara Dr, West Chester PA 19380)|
|Why:||Because it's Halloween!|
Back by popular demand! Please join us on Friday, October 22nd, at 5:15 pm for the Pack 110 meeting and Great Pumpkin Carve! (Rain Date: Sunday, October 24th at 5:00 pm)
After the opening ceremonies the Scouts and their families will be given 30 minutes to carve and decorate your pumpkin. Once all of the pumpkins are decorated, we will light them up and display them on the amphitheater stage to give the Scouts a chance to see the creations that their friends made. It should be a truly special event.
We will be hosting this meeting at East Bradford Park in the field by the amphitheater. Each family should bring a picnic blanket to spread out on the field to ensure sufficient social distance. Please dress warmly and remember your mask!
Necessary Supplies for this meeting
We strongly recommend picking up a couple of Pumpkin Carving Kits similar to the one pictured here. These actually work very nicely and they are much safer than kitchen knives. They can be purchased for a couple of dollars at most stores that carry Halloween supplies. The tools do break relatively easy though, so you may want to bring spare tools.
Please remember to bring:
- Hollowed out pumpkin
- Carving tools
- Picnic blanket
- Warm clothes and mask
- Filled reusable water bottle
COVID-19 Risk Reduction Plan
- All attendees should perform a self health assessment prior to the event to ensure that they are free from signs of COVID-19 including verifying temperatures are below 100.4 degrees. If you are unsure, you should not attend.
- ALL ATTENDEES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO WEAR A CLOTH FACE MASK AT ALL TIMES. BOTH PARENTS AND SCOUTS.
- This is an entire pack event. Please bring a picnic blanket as your families “home base” to ensure proper social distancing. There is lots of field. Spread Out. 🙂
- Hand sanitizer will be provided by the pack, although we recommend that each scout comes with their own to minimize sharing.