No matter what age or grade a boy joins Cub Scouting (witht he exception of Lions), he must earn his Bobcat badge before he can advance to the rank of Tiger, Wolf, Bear, or Webelos.
The Bobcat rank is the first badge awarded to a new Cub Scout. As a new member, he may work on his Bobcal rank requirements while simultaneously working on his next rank. Boys can normally earn their Bobcat badge well within the first month of joing Cub Scouts.
- Learn to say the Scout Oath, with help if needed.
- Learn to say the Scout Law, with help if needed.
- Show the Cub Scout sign. Tell what it means.
- Show the Cub Scout handshake. Tell what ity means.
- Say the Cub Scout motto. Tell what it means.
- With your parent or guardian complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide.